This recipe has been tweaked from a recipe my family has enjoyed on Christmas morning at my mom and dad’s house since we were very young. It’s a family favorite! I made some tweaks to make it low carb and it’s just as good!
Sausage and Egg Breakfast Casserole
This is a fantastic make ahead dish. You can divide it and place in easy grab-and-go containers, keep it casserole form for a great company dish. You can even have it as breakfast for dinner…and who doesn't love breakfast for dinner!?
- Casserole 9 x 11 Dish A bit bigger or bit smaller doesn't matter. It will only change the thickness of the casserole. Just make sure you keep an eye on the doneness while it's cooking.
- 1 1/2 pounds Swaggerty's Mild All Natural Sausage Roll (Cooked and drained)
- 1/2 each Mayan Sweet Onion (Diced)
- 1 each Pero Family Farms Green Bell Pepper (Diced)
- 9 each Nellie's Free Range Eggs
- 3 cups Organic Valley Heavy Whipping Cream
- 1 1/2 teaspoons Dry mustard (Any brand as long as the only ingredient is dry mustard)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 1/2 cups Tillamook Shredded Mild Cheddar Cheese
Preheat your oven to 350 degrees
Spray the inside of your casserole dish.
TIP: I put my dish on the inside of my dishwasher door and then spray. This keeps me from having to clean up fly away spray.
Cook and drain the ground sausage, onion and green pepper
Spread the sausage and vegetables in the bottom of your casserole dish
Combine the remaining ingredients and mix to combine
Pour the egg mixture, slowly, over the sausage
Bake for 1 hour
Allow me to mention that this is ridiculously fast and easy!
Please note that the nutritional information is for the brand and measurements listed in recipe. Any changes you make you will need to adjust the outcome.