Loaded Cauliflower Casserole from The Fasting Method
I recently started using the meal planner that’s available on the website for The Fasting Method. I’ll be doing a video soon about how to sign up and use it. I made a couple of recipes from the planner this week though and really loved one of them. I couldn’t wait to share it with you! So here it is.
- 1 small head of cauliflower
- 1 cup cream cheese (It will cook better and mix easier if you let it sit out for a little bit before cooking with it. Doesn’t have to be room temperature but not straight-out-of-the-fridge cold either)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (I grated my own. I see lots of people on the Food Network – one of my addictions – say the bags of cheese that has already been shredded doesn’t melt as well as cheese you shred yourself. That’s because they put something on the bagged cheese to keep it from sticking together. You can make it either way of course, just a little tip.)
- 4 slices bacon (Cook it ahead of time. I may add more next time. Mmmm – bacon.)
- 1/4 cup mushrooms chopped
- 1 medium jalapeno chopped (I left it out and it was still delish!)
- 2 boneless skinless chicken thighs (I sliced them so they would cover the bottom of the casserole more completely.)
EASY PEASY INSTRUCTIONS (My favorite kind of instructions)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- While the oven preheats, chop the cauliflower and put it in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the cream cheese, cheddar, bacon, mushrooms, and jalapeno (if you’re using it)
- Spoon the cream cheese mixture into the cauliflower and mix well. (I had a hard time doing this well with a spoon so I just used my hands. The warmth of my hands softened the cream cheese a little more too, which also. made it easier to mix well.)
- Spray a casserole dish with oil
- Place the chicken thighs on bottom then pour the cauliflower mixture on top
- Bake for an hour or until the cheese melts, the top of the cauliflower is slightly browned, and the chicken is cooked (160 degrees internal temperature.
This was so good. Even after sitting in the fridge for 2 or 3 days and reheating. I really recommend this one. Check out the nutrition facts below.